This brief post marks the passing of a year of life on Almazul.
On the first of July 2019 we stepped onto Almazul near Barcelona, and today we find ourselves on the island of Grenada 🇬🇩 in the Caribbean. 🌴
It has been a year of physical challenge, new places, no haircuts, (for the Captain at least!), swimming, living simply, and best of all, learning more about our planet and its people.
A bare few of the many highlights on the way must include:
- Visiting Barcelona
- Walking the Caminito del Rey near Malaga. It is a 3km long, 1 m wide path, built on the side of a sheer rock face 100 meters up. Spectacular!
- Sailing to the Rock of Gibraltar, and then climbing it. (On my birthday!)
- Sailing to AFRICA, and visiting Morocco. Sailing up the river into Rabat felt like we were entering another world, and visiting the Sahara desert via the Atlas mountains unforgettable.
- Crossing the Atlantic Ocean double handed, ie.just Magnus and I. The sailing, the sea, the weather, the night sky, swimming in 5000 m, being surrounded by orcas… the whole crossing was an incredible experience.
- Life in the Caribbean -say no more.
We have been incredibly fortunate to have met many genuinely good people along the way.
A brief story in pictures:
IN THE BEGINNING….
ALONG THE WAY; MEDITERRANEAN SPAIN:
MOROCCO AND CANARY ISLANDS: